Tuesday, August 13, 2013

If you couldn't tell by now... I am a Mormon! And I love it!

SO, this past week has been crazy! It seems like the last time I blogged was months ago and not just a week ago. First things first; I LOVE AUSTIN. I seriously don't think there is a better place in the world for me to be at this point of my life. I am learning so much about myself and so much about other people. Taking a step out of Utah and out of a predominantly Mormon area has been a blessing. And I know I'm going to do this at some point in this post but really, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is so true! I really can't begin to tell you all of the ways that it has been shown to me just this past week. It's crazy the things you are able to feel when you open up your heart to the spirit. It's insane to me that I waited for so long to allow this transformation in my life to start taking place. I'm not sure I was ready to go through all of the hard stuff earlier and maybe that's why. Maybe I was stubborn (I was) and maybe I didn't want to listen to all the people around me telling me that I needed to shape up. But now that I have I am so upset with myself for all of the time I lost! I have the longest road back to where I need to be in my life, but I'm going to walk the trail with my head held high, and I'm not going to give up. I'm going to keep strong, because I know if I give up this time I'm not ever going to make things right. And I know I wouldn't be able to live with that.
So, being in an area that isn't bursting with the seams of Mormons is kind of different. Since I still don't really know anyone and yearn for social interaction there is this app called Tinder (I'm seriously so lame) that I've used to meet boys in my area. I've met a few really awesome boys through it too (surprisingly). The conversation always leads to me being from Utah, and am I a Mormon or not. And until last night I had just tried to shy away from the topic. I would say yes, I'm a Mormon and answer their odds and ends of questions but not go into any detail other than that. But last night, I was on a date with this kid, and we got on the topic of Heaven, and the beliefs of Mormonism with a handful of different subjects. And I really got to share my knowledge and what I've learned and I seriously surprised myself not only with how easy it was for me to tell him the things he was asking but also with how much I knew. I definitely had some help from the big guy. It was really interesting though, because through telling him what I did know I was able to have one of those awesome missionary experiences, something I've never really had before now. And it was just so awesome. I had the biggest smile on my face the whole time, and it was just neat.
I"m sorry if you really don't give a doodle about all of this, and I know I"ve really never been to open about my beliefs and such, but I just can't help it. It seems to be we like to talk about things that make us happy, and for me, this all makes me beyond happy. And I just want to shout it from the heavens. God is seriously such a fantastic and great guy! He sent me here for a reason, and he made sure I'd have the people I would need in my life to be with me every step of the way, and I am beyond grateful for that. I really do have the most amazing and fun people surrounding me. Life is good, and it's only getting better! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment